Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mississippi Mud Cake

A friend was looking for this recipe, and I couldn't find it at the time, but I found it yesterday while cleaning up my recipe box so I thought I'd post it here so she could have it. This is kind of a cake, kind of brownies. Very gooey and messy and delicious.

Mississippi Mud Cake

Cake/Brownie:
1 cups sugar
1 cup margarine
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 1/2 cups flour
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups nuts (optional)
1 1/2 cups coconut (optional)
(I've never used either nuts or coconut when I've made this)

Mix together all ingredients. Spread into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Marshmallow Topping:
1 pkg. small marshmallows or 1 jar marshmallow creme

While cake is hot, spread marshmallows or creme on top. If using marshmallows, return cake to oven until marshmallows are melted and lightly browned.

Icing:
1 lb. (4 cups) powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix together until well blended. Spread over cooled cake.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds pretty much like what I made. I too left out the coconut and nuts. I can only have about a square inch of this cake before getting a crazy sugar headache.

    ReplyDelete