Thursday, December 3, 2009

Favorite Christmas Songs--Part 1

I'm really getting into the Christmas spirit, so I thought I'd try to make a small list of my very favorite Christmas songs of all time. I tried to make it a top ten, but couldn't narrow it down, so it's a top 15.

Tonight's offerings:
Sleigh Ride by the Boston Pops.
For all of my high school years, we played this song every single Christmas in band. This version is the most like the one we played, and brings back fond memories of band class and concerts.

On Christmas Eve, by Andrew Gold.
I found this song on a CD called "The Stars Come Out for Christmas" with the likes of Willie Nelson, The Spice Girls, etc. I don't know why I love this one, but I do.

Hey Santa by the Wilson Sisters

This is a catchy song with good harmonizing. I love singing along to it in the car. My mp3 player seems to like it too, it seems to choose it quite often.

Jingle Bell Rock by Hall and Oates

Hall and Oates is one of my all-time favorites. Their Christmas album was recorded in the early 80's at the height of their popularity. I love the video because it's so corny and they're obviously having fun.

Believe by Josh Groban

Josh has such a beautiful voice, and this is a beautiful song. His "O Holy Night" is one of my favorite versions of that song as well.

I'll try to post again tomorrow with the next 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment