Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm Going to Albertsons Today

UPDATE: I did the shopping, but discovered that Albertson's is apparently no longer taking competitors' doublers. Which I guess explains why they now have their own doublers...but now I am limited to doubling 4 coupons there, but they double up to $1 (the ones from Safeway and Thriftway only double up to 50 cents). So I spent $2.40 more than I had planned. Sigh....

Today I have planned a little trip to Albertsons. Their new sale for the week has just started and they have some pretty awesome deals, plus I have coupons. Here's what I'm going to buy:

10 Kellogg's cereals or poptarts. Sale $15 when you buy 10. I have 4 coupons for Frosted Flakes that I printed online from www.coupons.com (you have to register), for $1 off when you buy 2. Albertson's has 4 double coupons in their ad for doubling up to $1, so that will give me $8 off. Then I have a coupon from the Feb. 22 Sunday paper coupons for $1 off two poptarts. Using the double coupon thing from the Thriftway ad will give me another 50 cents off. Total for 10 boxes of cereal--$5.50

3 Hot Pockets. These are on sale for 2/$3, first 4, and I have a coupon for $1 off when you buy 3 (I got this from the coupon printer at Fred Meyer, but I think it will work since Albertsons takes coupons from other stores). Using another double coupon slot from the Thriftway doubler will give me $1.50 off total, so the total price I will pay will be $3 for 3 boxes.

2 Totino's Pizza Rolls. These are on sale for $1 each, and I have 2 35-cent coupons for them, and using the last two doubler slots for the Thriftway doubler will make the total cost for both boxes 60 cents.

Total spent: $9.10

A note about the printables: Coupons.com does limit how many times you can print out a coupon (2 times in one visit) but you can go back on another day and you might be able to print out more. My visits there were a couple of weeks apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment