Monday, February 23, 2009

My Project for Today

Today my let's-waste-time project was updating all my scrapbook page albums on my computer. So just to make it seem like it was something worth doing, I have posted them on Picasa web albums and I'm sharing them here:

2008 Disney Album


2007 Disney Album


2005DisneyAlbum


2004DisneyAlbum


2002 Disney Album


2001 Disneyland Album


2000 Disney Album


1999 Disneyland Album


1997 Disney Album


You'll notice my scrapbooking style has changed over time. In fact, I went back and re-did some of my very earliest pages because I hated them.

I take pictures of the pages I do because I'm on scrapping e-mail groups and I share my layouts with those groups.

I also have non-disney scrapbook pages, but I haven't worked on very many non-disney pages lately due to limited time. When I first started scrapping, I would spend a couple of hours every day doing scrapbooking (maybe more)--I was a little obsessive. Now I've been able to let go of the obsession but still keep the enjoyment. Disney pages are what I love to do the most.

I also participate in scrapbooking "swaps." In a swap, there is a certain topic, and several people sign up to do various parts of a scrapbook layout on that topic. For example, say there was a swap for the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin ride at WDW. I might sign up to do the title, someone else would sign up to do a fancy photo mat, someone else signs up to do "deco squares" (a decorative element), someone else might sign up to do borders. I love to do the swaps because I do my best work for them, and so do others, so I end up with ready-made scrapbook elements to make pages with, and all I had to do was make one of the elements, several times over.

So that was my project for today. Now I'm off to fold the clothes that I should have been folding earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment